Eleanor sees children (6+), adolescents and adults in West Perth, Como and via telehealth
I am a clinical psychologist and have been part of the team at J&R since 2020. I enjoy working with clients across the lifespan and place a high value on creating a safe, non-judgemental space for all my clients.
While I enjoy working with a range of concerns, I have particular interests in working with anxiety difficulties, and in supporting people who have experienced trauma, to help reduce the impact of distressing memories and build a sense of empowerment moving forward in life.
I take an individualised, collaborative, and evidence-based approach in therapy, with a readiness to listen to what has brought you here and discuss how we can best work together to meet your goals. Some of the treatment approaches I draw upon in therapy include:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Metacognitive therapy,
- Schema-focused therapy,
- Imagery rescripting,
- and family intervention techniques.
I have also completed the level one training for Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, an evidence-based treatment for trauma. I can assist with many types of difficulties, including:
- Anxiety (including generalised worry, panic attacks, social anxiety, and phobias)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder, complex trauma, and other trauma-related concerns
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Sleep problems
- Emotion regulation difficulties
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Self-esteem and self-compassion
- Adjustment issues following life changes
- Stress management
- Parenting challenges
- Child and adolescent behavioural and emotional difficulties
I completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Western Australia, my Masters of Psychology (Clinical) at Curtin University, and have experience within both public and private mental health settings.